Last year I wrote a post about the great opportunities for fun and entertainment in Bucks County. Since people have been asking me about events and concerts, as well as timing, see my post with more information about some of the venues listed below.
While Tom and I love to travel in the winter, we absolutely love living in Bucks County in the summer! Actually the spring and fall are gorgeous too.
I call Bucks County ‘Eye Candy,’ especially for those who love nature. Solebury Township, where we live, also known as New Hope, is among the townships with the highest percentage of preserved land, so it is very green – filled with tree farms and horse farms.
We have a lake too – you can see it in the photos in my 2015 post.
Bucks County Outdoor Summer Activities
Bucks County is quite large, with many towns, and there are lots of great outdoor activities throughout the summer. You can stay busy all summer without paying an entrance fee; although some fun Bucks County events do require a small fee, from $5 and up. I am covering many events in towns that I know, and if you know of additional events, please add them in comments.
Bucks County Music and Entertainment
- Bucks County Concerts
- Doylestown Free Wednesday Lunchtime Events
- Buckingham Free Concerts
- Doylestown Free Concerts
- Doylestown Events
- Doylestown Free Wine Concerts
- Aldie Mansion – Free Summer
- Washington Crossing Outdoor Music
- Falls Township Park Concert Series
- Arts & Cultural Council of Bucks County lists many free events, and some fee events
Bucks County Festivals
Some of these may have a fee. The good news is that I have made it easy for you to find out by including the links.
- Bucks Festivals in general
- Beer Festivals
- Annual Events
- Food and Wine Festivals
- Doylestown Events
- Washington Crossing Wine & Food Events
- Bucks County Events
- Bristol First Fridays
Bucks County Parks and Waterways
In Bucks County, we have our share of beautiful parks and waterways for daylight fun. In addition to the Delaware River, there are many lakes and waterways where you can play on and around the water. Public parks with lakes and waterways include:
- Nockamixon State Park
- Peace Valley Park
- Silver Lake Park
- Lake Towhee Park
- Levittown Lake
- Bradford Dam Park in Warrington
- Ralph Stover State Park
- Tohickon Valley Park
- Washington Crossing State Park
- Oxford Valley Park
- Core Creek Park
- Falls Township Community Park
- Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve
Bucks County Indoor and Outdoor Events with a Fee
While the Doylestown museums generally require a fee, on July 16th, 2016, the museums will be free for the day. They include:
Bucks County Theater and Music
Some of the lesser known venues that put on great shows at lower costs are:
- Town And Country Players in Buckingham, PA
- Bristol Riverside Theater in Bristol, PA with beautiful views of Delaware River, set on the water in a park-like setting
- Phillip’s Mill Community Association Theater in Phillip’s Mill, PA, just north of New Hope
- Sellersville Theater
- Newtown Arts Company
- Bucks County Performing Arts Center
- Washington Crossing Open Air Theater
- Langhorne Players
- Neshaminy Valley Music Theater
- DeSales University Schubert Theater
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival on the Campus of DeSales University
- Michener Art Museum Events in Doylestown include music and theater events
- Riverside Symphonia
Most know about the historic Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, which has been renovated, and offers a bar overlooking the river where you can have appetizers, dessert and a drink during intermission and pre-show. Ticket prices are generally higher here, unless you can get them on Philly Funsavers.
Check here if you are looking for even more ‘things to do in Bucks County.’ You can also check out my previous posts:
- Adventures in Bucks County Pennsylvania
- George Nakashima House, Studio and Workshop – Bucks County Cultural Adventure
If you know of other events, please add them in the comments. Happy summer!